GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND PAKISTAN STUDIES MCQS FOR NTS TEST 2018
Complete set of PAKISTAN STUDIES as well as NTS MCQS of General Knowledge for test preparation.You can prepare for your NTS test from these MCQS of General Knowledge and Pakistan Studies.
1. From which country Pakistan purchased Gawader?
(a) Kuwait (c) Oman (b) Iran (d) None of these
2. Which provincial Chief Minister was dismissed on the issue of One Unit?
(a) Chief Minister NWFP (b) Sindh Chief Minister (c) Chief Minister Punjab (d) Chief Minister Baluchistan
3. Which Radio Station already existed at the time of creation of Pakistan?
(a) Peshawar (b) Karachi (c) Quetta (d) None of these
4. When was the state of Swat included in Pakistan?
(a) 4th April 1969 (b) 28th July 1969 (c) 29th June 1970 (d) None of these
5. Who did accompany the Holy Prophet (SAW) in the migration to Medina?
(a) Hazrat Abu Bakr (RA) (b) Hazrat Omar (RA)) (c) Hazrat Ali (RA) (d) Hazrat Usman (RA)
6. After the Hijrat to Medina, what was the first important thing the Holy Prophet (SAW) did’?
(a) Built a Mosque for prayers (b) Built his house (c) Created Bait-ul-Maal (d) Raised an army
7. Name the angels who are appointed to put questions to the deads in their graves —–
(a) Munkir and Nakecr (AS) (b) Hazrat Jahraiel (AS) (c) Hazrat liraeel (AS) (d) Hazrat Kikact (M)
8. Ramadan is the —– month of Islamic Calendar
(a) 7th (b) 9th (c)1st (d) 10th
9. Which is the longest glacier found Pakistan?
(a) Hispar (b) Siachen (c) Tirich (d) Batura
10. K2 is also called—–
(a) Goodwin Austin (c) Sia Kingrl (b) Kalhar Mount (d) None a them
11. In 1859 Sir Syed set up a school where Persian and English was taught
(a) Lucknow (b) Bijnaur (c) Muradabad (d) Aligarh
12. Eiffel Tower is located in —–
(a) France (b) Germany (c) Italy (d) Australia
13. Pentagon is the military headquarter of —–
(a) UK (b) Russia (c) China (d) USA
14. Which of the following is the “Newest Capital of the World”?
(a) Islamabad (b) Sydney (c) London (d) Paris
15. Which continent has no desert?
(a) Europe (b) North America (c) Australia (d) None of these
16. Who painted Mona Lisa?
(a) Leonardo Di Caprio (b) Leanardo Da Vinci (c) Picasso (d) Leonardo Da Henry
17. Which bird is the symbol of peace?
(a) Swan (b) Flamingo (c) Dove (d) Duck
18. How many Zeros are there in one Billion?
(a) 8 (b) 11 (c) 10 (d) 9
19. Cuba is located in —–
(a) Indian Ocean (b) Atlantic Ocean (c) Pacific Ocean (d) Areic Ocean
20. Islamabad is situated in which Province of Pakistan?
(a) Punjab (b) Azad Kashmir (c) NWFP (d) None of these
21. The oldest religion of the world is —–
(a) Judaism (b) Christianity (c) Buddhism (d) Hinduism
22. Where is the Headquarter of the Amnesty in International located?
(a) Geneva (b) London (c) Paris (d) New York
23. Asian Development Bank (ADB) was established in
(a) 1964 established in: (b) 1966 (c) 1968 (d) None of these
24. Who were the three statesmen who formulated Non-Aligned Movement (NAM)?
(a) Gandhi, Nasser, Tito (b) Nehru, Nasser, Tito (c) Chou-en-Lai, Bhutto, Nehru (d) Soe Kamo, Nasser, Tito
25. The Permanent Secretariat of SAARC is established at —-
(a) Dehli (d) Islamabad (c) Kathmandu (b) Dhaka
26. Who was the founder of HAMAS in 1987—–
(a) Sheikh Ahmed Yassin (b) Yasser Arafat (c) Abu Nidal (d) None of these
27. How many official working languages are recognized by UNO?
(a) 8 (b) 6 (c) 4 (d) None of these
28. In which month does the UN General Assembly usually meet every year?
(a) August (b) September (c) October (d) November
29. The term of office of a judge of the International Court of Justice is?
(a) 5 years (b) 7 years (c) 9 years (d) None of these
30. Which is the largest country in Africa —–
(a) Sudan (b) Nigeria (c) Libya (d) None of these
31. In the ‘composition of Earth, Oxygen is approximately —–
(A) 20 % (C) 46 % (B) 38 % (D) 58 %
32. The recipient of “Nishan-i-Haider” captain Karnal Sher Khan belonged to —–
(A) Punjab Regiment (B) Frontier Force Regiment (C) Sindh Regiment (D) Northern Light Infantry
33. In term of area, which is the largest Administrative district of Punjab
(A) Bahawalpur (B) D.G. Khan (C) Faisalabad (D) Lahore
34. Who was the first Muslim ruler of Indian Sub-Continent
(A) Muhammad Bin Qasim (B) Mahmood Ghaznavi (C) Muhammad Ghouri (D) Qutab-ud-Din Aibak
35.Light travels from Sun to Earth is —–
(A) 2 minutes (B) 42 minutes (C) 6 1/2 minutes (D) 8 1/2 minutes
36. The archaeological site of “Kot Diji” is located near the city of
(A) Larkana (B) Thatta (C) Khairpur (D) Swat
37. Which of the following district of occupied Jammu and Kashmir has Buddhist majority population?
(A) Rajourial (C) (B) Doda C) Leh (D) None of above
38. Identify the musician who composed the National Anthem of Pakistan?
(A) Nisar Bazmi (B) Khalil Ahmed (C) Suhail Rana (D) Abdul Karim Chagla
39. Lake Manchar is the largest lake in Pakistan is situated at —–
(A) Kaghan (B) Swat (C) Dadu (D) Lasbela
40. Velocity of Sound in Air per second is
(A) 250 meters (B) 331 meters (C) 434 meters (D) 561 meters
41. Deficiency of vitamin “C” in human body leads to —–
(A) Eye disease (B) Nerve disease (C) Teeth disease (D) Skin disease
42. Identify largest tribal agency of FATA (Federally Administered Tribal Areas) by Area
(A) South Waziristan (B) North Waziristan (C) Orakzai (D) Bajaur
43. “Olive Branch” is a symbol of peace while ‘Lotus’ is a symbol of —–
(A) Progress (B) Culture and Civilization (C) Justice (D) Romantic love
44. Approximately how much part of Jammu and Kashmir is under India’s occupation
(A) 1/3 (B) 2/3 (C) 3/4 (D) 1/2
45. “Elysee Place” is the official residence of —–
(A) King of Denmark (B) German Chancellor (C) President of France (D) Pope of Vatican
46. “Quaid-i-Azam Jinnah — the story of a nation” is a biography of Quaid-i-Azam written by?
(A) M.A.H. Isphani (B) G. Allana (C) Khalid Bid Saeed (D) Akbar S.Ahmed
47. At 12 O’clock noon Pakistan Standard time in London (U.K) shall be —–
(A) 4:00 PM (B) 7:00 AM (C) 5:00 PM (D) 4:00 Am
48. Dead sea is lying between —–
(A) Israel and Jordan (B) Turkey and Greece (C) England and France (D) Sudan and South Yemen
49. Identify Muslim Scientist who is credited with the discovery of sulphuric Acid, Nitric Acid & Hydrochloric Acid?
(A) Muhammad Bin Zakiria Razi (B) Ibne-al-Hashim (C) Bu All Seena (D) Jabir Bin Hiyan
50. What do you understand by the term “Brain Drain”?
(A) Mad person (B) Migration of skilled labour to other countries (C) Emigration of intellectuals (D) Illiteracy and ignorance
51. The length of famous Khyber Pass is —–
(A) 33 KM (B) 53 KM (C) 73 KM (D) 93 KM
52. How many were the writer of the “Wahee.” ?
(A) 31 (B) 35 (C) 40 (D) 42
53. The tenure of Hazrat Ali was —–
(A) 3 years (B) 4 years (C) 5 years (D) None of above
54. When the incident of “Karbala” occurred ?
(A) 58 AN (B) 60 AH (C) 70 AH (D) None of above
55. Pure gold is —– carat gold
(A) 12 carat (B) 14 cara (C) 22 carat (D) 24 carat
56. The largest Island in the world is —-
(A) Australia (B) Japan (C) Green Land (D) Indonesia
57. Which of the following languages is spoken by the largest number of people in the world?
(A) Chinese (B) English (C) Arabic (D) French
58. When Pakistan adopted decimal system?
(A) 1960 (B) 1961 (C) 1963 (D) 1964
59. Election Commissioner appointed for the period of —–
(A) 3 years (B) 5 years (C) 6 years (D) None of above
60. J.K Rowling is a famous
(A) U.K Dancer (B) US Diplomat (C) French Secretary of State (D) None of these
61. Maria Montessori was an —–
(A) French Educationist (B) Italian Educationist
(C) German Educationist (D) English Scientist
62. Amir Timur invaded India in
(A) 12th Century (B) 13th Century (C) 14th Century (D) None of above
63. Non-Party Elections held in Pakistan —–
(A) 1985 (B) 1995 (C) 2008 (0) None of above
64. When of the following group are considered to be Universal Donars —–
(A) A+ (B) B+ (C)AB+ (D) 0+
65. Sensitive layer of the eye is —-
(A) Choroids (B) Cornea (C) Retina (D) None of these
66. Which is the hardest —-
(A) Carbon (B) Gold (C) Silver (D) None of these
67. Which of one is most elastic —–
(A) Steel (B) Rubber (C) Glass (D) Diamond
68. Earthquakes are caused by —–
(A) Tectonism (B) Denudation (C) The rotation (D) None of these
69. In Roman numerals C stands for —–
(A) 100 (B) 20 (C) 300 (D) 500
70. Safety mechanism of blood works under ?
(A) White Blood (B) Red Blood (C) Lymphatic (D) None of these
71. Which Prayer was last prayed Prophet by the (PBUH) —–
(A) Fajir (C) Asr
(B) Zuhar (D) Maghrib
72. Which is city of Mosques—–
(A) Lahore (B) Madina (C) Baghdad (D) Dhakka
73. Which Muslim country is known for cluster of Islands —–
(A) Indonesia (C) Afghanistan
(B) Malaysia (D) Bruni
74. How much percentage Carbon dioxide is in the air
(A) 20 % (C) 60%
(B) 40 °A (D) None of these
75. Day and night are equal on —–
(A) 21st March (B) 21st September (C) 1st October (D) 21st December
76. Big Bang theory pertains to?
(a) Origion of universe (b) Origion of spenes (c) Atom bomb (d) Rock music
77. Hippocratic oath is taken by?
(a) medicine doctors
(b) doctors of law
(c) Greek sculptors
(d) None of above
78.Bears and Bulls:
(a) jangle code (c) price rise and fall
(b) stock rise and fall (d) None of these
79. In Camera meeting means?
(a) open meeting (b) meeting in the chamber of judge (c) not meant for public (d) None of these
80. Who is Uncle Sam?
(a) France (b) Australia (c) UK (d) USA
81. Casting vote means?
(a) deciding vote (b) Vote in form of tie(c) Both a & b (d) None of these
82. Protocol means —–
(a) a system of rules (b) a formal international agreement (c) specialized computer langauge (d) All of these
83. Which country is located on the north boarder of Pakistan?
(A) Iran (B) Afghanistan ( (C) China (D) India
84. Natural Gas was discovered at Sui in which Year?
(A) 1950 (B) 1952 (C) 1954 (D) 1958
85. The system of Basic Democracies was introduced by?
(A) Iskandar Mirza (B) Muhammad Ali Bogra (C) Ayub Khan (D) Zia-ul-Haq
86. Who presented poor man budget
(a) Raja Ahmed (b) Liaquat Ali (c) Ch. Muhammad Ali (d) None of these
87. When U.N.O. was formed ?
(a) 1943 (b) 1944 (c) 1945 (d) 1946
88. How many members are in the E.U?
(a) 23 (b) 25 (c) 28 (d) 29
89. Suez Canal Connects two seas —–
(a) Red sea and Black sea
(b) Mediterranean and Red sea
(c) Dead Sea and White sea
(d) Atlantic with Pacific
90.When W.T.O. founded:
(a) 1985 (b) 2002 (c) 2006 (d) None of above
91. How many states are in USA?
(a) 51 (b) 49 (c) 52 (d) None
92. Origion of Species is written by:
(a) Walter Disney (b) Angustus (c) Darwin (d) None of these
93. How many times is the mention of Namaz in the Quran?
(a) 700 (b) 750 (c) 730 (d) 760
94. What is fourth state of matter?
(a) Rocks (b) Plasma (c) Water (d) None these
95. Which acid is used Battery?
(a) NACI (b) HCI (c) HNO3 (d) None these
96. The sun rays reach in the earth in —–time?
(a) 5 minutes (b) 7 minutes (c) 8 minutes (d) 10 minutes
97. Shah Waliullah belongs to Silsila?
(a) Naqshbandia (b) Suharwardia (c) Awisia (d) None of these
98. Who published AI-Halal?
(a) Ali Johar (b) Maulana Abu AI-Kalam Azad (c) Zafar Ali Khan (d) None of these
99. Towards new Pakistan has been written by?
(a) Zahid Ahmed (b) Munir A Khan (c) A.Q. Khan (d) None of these
100. Which is landlocked country?
(a) Iran (b) Mongolia (c) Canada (d) Belgium
Pakistan Studies & NTS MCQS of General Knowledge ANSWER KEYS
1_C 2_A 3_A 4_B 5_A 6_A 7_A 8_B 9_B 10_A
11_C 12_A 13_D 14_A 15_A 16_B 17_C 18_D 19_B 20_D
21_D 22_B 23_B 24_B 25_C 26_A 27_B 28_B 29_C 30_D
31_C 32_D 33_A 34_D 35_A 36_C 37_C 38_D 39_C 40_B
41_C 42_ A 43_B 44_C 45_C 46_B 47_C 48_A 49_D 50_B
51_B 52_D 53_D 54_D 55_D 56_A 57_A 58_B 59_A 60_D
61_B 62_B 63_A 64_D 65_C 66_A 67_A 68_A 69_A 70_A
71_D 72_D 73_A 74_D 75_A 76_A 77_A 78_B 79_B 80_D
81_A 82_D 83_C 84_B 85_C 86_B 87_C 88_C 89_B 90_D
91_D 92_C 93_B 94_B 95_D 96_C 97_A 98_B 99_D 100_B