Details of capital of pakistan and why it moved from karachi to Islamabad
Pakistan’s military dictator Ayub Khan decided to shift the capital city from Karachi to Islamabad in late 1950 as Karachi had become economic hub of the country and the infrastructure of the city was proving inadequate for the growing needs of the city. Before 1947 Karachi’s population was barely one million but after independence of India and creation of Pakistan, over 6 million refugees from India settled in Karachi and many civic problems arose including that of transport and sanitation and water and sewerage services were proving inadequate and many slum areas had arisen.
Islamabad city was built during the 1960s to replace Karachi as Pakistan’s capital. However the capital was not moved directly from Karachi to Islamabad but first moved from Karachi to Rawalpindi then to Islamabad.
The development of the country was focused on Karachi and President Ayub Khan wanted it to be equally distributed. He wanted Islamabad to be a modern and clean city, especially in comparison to other cities in Pakistan. It is well-organized, with the city being divided into different sectors and zones. Islamabad was divided into eight zones: the diplomatic enclave, the commercial district, the educational sector, the industrial area and so on, each with its own shopping area and park. Islamabad is also home to the Faisal Masjid which is well known for its architecture and immense size.
in addition to above mentioned reasons you may add
A capital is place from where whole state is run and due to very close to Indian border and all the time vulnerable to Indian attack and an easy and accessible target for Indians it was decided that capital must be shifted to a secure place which will remain functional even in case of attack.
The second reason was that parliamentarians belonging to east pakistan ( Bangladesh) had to travel alot to attend sessions of national assembly so Islamabad was a kind of central place for for all parliamentarians at that time (belonging to east and west pakistan)